Saturday, August 26, 2006



Fair photos by Natalie :) Silly photo of Mom and daughter by Mom :)
Night at the Fair

Natalie and I spent a terrific evening at the fair. After a spin around the fairgrounds looking for a parking spot, we finally parked and walked ever so far to the fair. But, the weather was pleasant and by approaching from the back side, we were able to see some of the miniature horses close up. They really are miniature horses - not ponies, but actual small horses. Really fascinating - I guess I never thought about it before.

Anyway, we spent hours looking at the photos (my niece, Alissa, won a blue ribbon for one of her photos) and the rest of the exhibits. We ate "fair" food, including a funnel cake - my very first. What could be better than deep-fried dough covered in powdered sugar?? They are huge - we shared and were really stuffed when we were finished, but a fun stuffed. We walked for what seemed like miles, rode the ferris wheel (from which Natalie took some really neat photos) and, in general, had a really good time.


I wish I had photos of our experience to share, but I am not able to fit this particular event into a picture frame - I did not take my camera. If Natalie shares some of her photos with me, I will add them later. We had a great time and, hopefully, she will want to go again next year. :)

2 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've never had a funnel cake before? Wow! That's hard to believe!

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Natalie said...

I shared all the photos I had! I'm not holding anything back, I promise! :)
Glad I could introduce you to the oh-so-delicious funnel cake...mmmmmm. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home