Sunday, July 20, 2008

Welcome to our Florida trip -
A lot has happened since I last wrote!! I think my last entry was from the Washington, D.C., trip. Since then, Bob and Janet visited from Boynton Beach, FL; Wes flew in from Oklahoma City and Jake visited twice. David and Natalie have each had birthdays. And, of course, I turned a youthful 56. :)
Matt, Whitney and Grant are going on vacation with us this year! We left on Friday, 18 July, for Navarre Beach, Florida. We stopped at the Best Western in Clanton, Alabama, on the way down. Grant did surprisingly well. He was getting a bit antsy by the time we stopped for the night, but he really did very well for a kid who would rather play than spend his time strapped in a car seat. Of course, his mom spent a lot of time in the back seat trying to entertain him!We are staying at the Sundunes Condominiums - 4th floor, far left. What a view! Obviously, we have a great view of the gulf, but we also have a terrific view of the Santa Rosa Sound out our side picture window.
We went to Publix to fill up our kitchen. Then, we took a walk to check out the beach. Grant liked the water - splash, splash. (Unfortunately, I took the pictures without the memory card in the camera and I forgot my USB cable. Oh well.) After supper at Sal's Pizzeria, Grant crashed! This is our first sunset - not much of one, but still pretty.
See the Santa Rosa Sound? This is a beautiful place!



3 Comments:

At 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, fun! Babies at the beach are always a blast :-)

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Natalie said...

Looks like a very pretty beach! :)

 
At 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll bet you and Grant are having a ball! I'm jealous...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home