Monday, September 08, 2008

Happy Grandparents' Day!Frankly, I don't even know where Grandparents' Day came from. I probably just didn't notice because I wasn't a grandparent. I'm sure it is a Hallmark event - meant to sell cards or something. But, this year, it had a whole new meaning - Grandpa and I were invited to Grant's daycare (along with every other child's grandparent) to enjoy snacktime with the kids.Grant wouldn't eat his snack unless I was sitting right next to him - I tried to move out of the way, but he would cry. So, being Grandma, I stayed right where he wanted me. No pictures of Grandpa, I'm afraid. Grant only had eyes for me for some reason, so Grandpa took pictures.
But, lest we forget, Grant is Grandpa's boy, too. After all, who else would teach him the touchdown dance??
This Grandparent gig is the best!
Thanks to Matt and Whitney for sharing!
Thanks to Grant for being such a joy to spend time with!
Y






2 Comments:

At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you post the video of the touchdown dance?

 
At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being a grandparent is the best! We drove 3 hours to a very simpleb program at the boys' school, but it was all worth it when we saw their faces light up when they saw us there. I wouldn't have missed it for the world:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home