Friday, December 08, 2006

(last year's tree :)

Having been tagged by Alissa (a week or more ago), here goes -
(But before I begin, is this pronounced 'meem' as in theme - or me me as in me me?)

HOLIDAY MEME:
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate with whipped cream or tons of marshmallows
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? She always wraps gifts - usually in red or green tissue.
3. Colored or white lights on tree/house? Colored - no question. White are way too classy for me - beautiful, but they don't match my not-so-classy personality.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? I used to, but it disintegrated and I never replaced it.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Around the 15th - with a cut tree, there would be no needles by Christmas if it was put up much sooner.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? I do love the New Year's pork and sauerkraut. Now that Ma is gone, Dad makes a great pork loin and I make a pretty good sauerkraut, if I do say so myself.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Singing Christmas carols around the tree with all the lights out, but the tree lights. No accompaniment - just all of us singing. This is something I've never been able to duplicate in my adult life. Oh well, we have lots of memories that are every bit as precious. :)
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Santa is real - no doubt in my mind. I know it for a fact!
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Family gifts on Christmas Eve; Santa gifts Christmas morning.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? I still use the "old fashioned" indoor tree lights - not the little sparkly lights. A few of the lights twinkle and a few of them bubble. Then, we add lots of old ornaments from when we were first married and from before that. Then, ornaments that the kids made when they were little. Just a conglomeration of things that are important!
11. Snow - love it or dread it? Love it if I can sit inside and look out at it. Hate it if I have to drive to work in it.
12. Can you ice skate? I used to try when I was a kid, but I think I'm a bit beyond that now. I'm a bit more fragile than I used to be!
13. Favorite holiday movie? It's a Wonderful Life and the 1939 version of A Christmas Carol. I also like "The Muppet Christmas Carol." :) My favorite holiday TV special? The Grinch or Peanuts
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Time with family
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Cookies - about the only time I get fresh-baked, homemade cookies.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I'd like to say trimming the tree, but I don't think any of my helpers would agree with that! I believe they are coerced into helping. So, in place of that, I'd have to say having the kids over on Christmas Eve - going to church - going to Grandpa's and coming back here for the night so Santa just has one stop instead of three! (I used to love leaving cookies for Santa when the kids were little, too. How cute is that??)
17. What tops your tree? A frosted-glass ornament tree topper - about 10-12" tall.
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? I love to give, but I sure feel the pressure of trying to find the perfect gift. Giving is really fun if the receiver is genuinely happy with what they get! I always suffer from the "I sure hope they like it" syndrome!
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I love to hear the traditional carols at church on Christmas Eve. Silent Night always makes me cry - I can hear my Grandma singing it!
20. Candy Canes, yes or no? I keep candy canes in the "candy boot," but I usually only eat one or two the whole season.

I tag: I don't think enough people read my blog to bother with the tagging portion of this meme. :)
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

At 11:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I don't have to do this. Your answers match what I would say-for the most part!:)

 
At 12:20 AM, Blogger Natalie said...

I like Silent Night for the same reason. I remember my Grandma singing it at church and when I gave her the snow globe that played it as well. :) And I like to decorate the tree! Now Matt and Dave are the trouble makers! :)

 
At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's meme as in tame. I think.

Thanks for playing! Mom still has to do it. :-)

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Natalie said...

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/meme

I also wondered what a meme was. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home