Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A Fair Evening . . . . Natalie and I spent last evening at the Kentucky State Fair. We had a good time - doing nothing in particular. It was Kroger night, so we had a free dinner consisting of a hotdog, salad of choice, chips of choice, beverage. Not bad for free. :) After supper, we checked out the art and promotional exhibits. Found four of Alissa's five photos. Terrific work, Alissa! You should have won something! Your photos were certainly much better than some of the "winners"!
Free supper or not, we had to have a funnel cake. Never had one before last year, but now that I know what they are, they are mandatory fair food! We shared one, although we've no proof I ate any - but we see Natalie chowing down!
The only ferris wheel this year was the one with gondolas. I prefer the open seat type, but there wasn't one; so, we did the gondola ferris wheel and enjoyed it. It is the only ride we do and I guess because of the skimpy crowd, we seemed to get an extra long ride. :)
Trees obscured most of my view of the midway, but this is what I could see. I love the view from atop the ferris wheel.
The end of a perfect evening. No one was available to take our picture - so we took it ourselves! Great time! Thanks, Natalie, for accompanying an old grandma to the fair! :)

3 Comments:

At 6:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, I wonder which photo you missed? Oh well, you win some you lose some, I guess.

I'm glad you had a great time. I am, however, quite jealous that you got funnel cake. I haven't had one yet this year...

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Natalie said...

I had a great time at the fair! Thanks for going with me! :)

 
At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had fun--isn't it nice to be able to go out with the kids and have such an enjoyable time? Doug and Kellie were fun to be with, too, and they didn't seem to mind being burdened with the old grandma. We didn't do a ride, but the midway sure looked great all lit up. We shared funnel cake, fudge, and cotton candy. All the junk we wanted!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home