Friday, August 17, 2007

Wrapping Up Day 3
We rounded out Day 3 with an early supper at Barbato's on West 38th, then a trip to Amy & Jim's in Edinboro.

The best spaghetti! Mmmmm . . . .

Not the best picture, but I thought you might like to know that Dad was on this trip with me. Most of the pictures are of things and places. Yes, Dad was there, too! Anyway, after we ate, I made the customary pitstop, knowing we were going out to Edinboro for the evening - so did Dad. I come out of the restroom after washing the spaghetti stain off my shirt and Dad was sitting by the door waiting. We got in the car and headed south. When we got back to the motel that night, I hear a knock on my door. I peek out and it's Dad. He said when he was taking off his shirt, he patted the pocket and found a receipt - for Barbato's. He'd put the receipt in there when he went to the restroom and left the restaurant without paying the bill. No one stopped us or said a word. We went back on Monday and Dad paid the bill - and they were amazed at his honesty! Sounds like something I would do! We had a good laugh, that's for sure. (This picture was taken after he paid the bill - not after we'd eaten. :)

We spent a nice evening with Amy, Jim and the kids. This is Jake - 10, Luke - 7 (I think) and Amy - 36. :)

This is Elise - 3 1/2, and Jim - probably 36, too. :)

Nice family portrait. The kids are all a bit rambunctious, but I think most of that was because they had an audience - and a camera to perform for. They were cute. Amy and Jim were gracious hosts, as always. It was a good visit. I hadn't seen them in 5 years and they had changed a lot.

Well, this concludes Day 3 of the stroll down Memory Lane. One more FULL day to go!

1 Comments:

At 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy has a nice looking family...

I'll bet Dad was mortified about forgetting to pay the bill...Barbato's-makes my mouth water!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home