Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Memory Lane, Day 2

We began our Saturday at Perkins Restaurant. There were so many breakfast choices, but I behaved and had an egg and toast. Very good! After that, we took a ride to 29th and Cascade to see where my mom lived when she and Dad were married, 942 W. 29th Street.
After that, Dad went to his 66th reunion at the Bel-Aire on 8th Street and I borrowed his new car and explored Presque Isle. This picture and the one below are of the beach on Lake Erie. I didn't spend much time on the beach, since I didn't have a lot of time to spend. I wanted to make sure I saw as much as possible! It is a great park - with a 14-mile walking/biking/skating, etc. path, trails to the north point lookout, a beach, a lagoon - lots to see and do.

I stopped at the Water Works dock on the bayside for a couple pictures. I took quite a few actually, but his one is of the new bayfront convention center. Difficult to see much from across the bay and I have a tendency to blur telephoto pictures! I'm sure you've noticed that in other pictures I've taken!
Geese are everywhere on the bay side and also near the monument on Misery Bay! You have to be on constant look-out for goose poop! Certainly didn't want to step in that and then get back in Grandpa's new car!

Stay tuned for more Day 2 . . . .

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom and I did go to Presque Isle, I remember now. It was very cold, but we walked on the beach anyway. The one she said she used to swim at when she was little.

Do you have a photo of Waldameer? We do :-)

 
At 9:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm surprised the beach wasn't any more crowded, considering it was Saturday...

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Natalie said...

That beach looks pretty inviting to me! Oh how I want a vacation to a beach! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home