Saturday, August 11, 2007

Memory Lane, Day 1
It is time for a stroll down Memory Lane. Dad and I are in Erie, PA, for his 66th high school reunion (Academy High School, Class of 1941). After we got settled in yesterday, Dad took me on a tour of his old stomping grounds. First, we passed the house on East Avenue where we lived when I was born. [Alas, no monument out front of any sort. :( ]

Next, we drove past two houses on 26th street where Dad lived when he was growing up. He lived here (upstairs) - as a baby


and here before he married Ma.



We passed Wilson School - we also passed Lincoln, but there was a crowd of kids out front, so I didn't stop for a picture. Maybe we will get by there, again, before we head back to Kentucky.


This is the Boston Store (obviously) on State Street. Not much there to see, but it does still say Boston Store - so it was picture-worthy. :)
Stay tuned for more of Day 1 . . . .

Note: I've been trying to upload pictures for 2 days, but it wouldn't work. Hopefully, I can remember what I took pictures of!

3 Comments:

At 7:44 PM, Blogger Natalie said...

Sounds like you are having fun! :)

 
At 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun! That little yellow house isn't any bigger than mine!

 
At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That little yellow house wasn't any bigger than Alissa's. I remember that the house next door was yellow, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home