Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Home, Again

On Tuesday, 14 August, we left Erie after a stop to fill up the car and to buy oxroast from Carmosino's.

Shortly after getting on I-90, we passed a couple signs to remind us what we'd seen! Actually, the most we saw of Waldameer was what you could see from the road as we entered Presque Isle. Jim McEldowney told us that Waldameer is building a new Ravine Flyer - like the one that used to cross over the beach road. I guess it will be ready next year.
We ate breakfast at Mr. C's in Ashtabula, Ohio. I'll bet they wondered at Perkins whatever happened to us! Mr. C's didn't look like much from the highway, but Dad and Ma had eaten there and Dad knew it would be good. And, it was - good, quick, inexpensive. A very nice place.
[This photo was taken as we were leaving the parking lot - the lady in the car next to us thought I was taking her picture. :)]

We arrived home in record time - due in part to the fact that we missed the Cincinnati bypass and drove straight through town. At that hour of the day, the traffic wasn't bad and we actually saved time going that way.


We had a great trip down Memory Lane. I think the only thing that would make it better would be if Dad could share his memories with all of us kids. I have to relearn the memories each time I go up there because I never lived there (well, I did for 11 months, but I certainly don't remember that). Here's hoping something can be worked out next summer so Bob and Nan can go, too. Dad would really love that! Still, he and I had a great time and we will definitely do it again next year - just not for the reunion because it's been scheduled for Grant's first birthday (and Chip's 31st birthday)!
Start making plans for next summer, guys!

2 Comments:

At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like such a fun trip! I'm glad you shared all the pics. And I know mom would LOVE to go next year!

 
At 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the memories! I remember this stuff mainly from our last trip. I don't remember too much from when we lived there, either!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home