Friday, December 14, 2007

Tree Trimming
Last Sunday the kids came over to help decorate the tree. It makes it a lot of fun to have them all around to help!
As you can see, Matt the Pest, was also decorating Whitney!
Dad even put on an ornament! First ornament in 30 years, I think! Good picture of the top of his head (a.k.a., the bald spot). :D
Grant enjoyed the festivities, too.
We found out that he liked the green icing on the sugar cookies! I think he got more on his face than he did in his mouth, but it matched his cute green outfit!And, here's the finished product! Beautiful, right? Well, last night it fell over and made an awful mess. I finally got it upright and thought it was pretty stable, but this morning, it had fallen over again!! It has now been tied to the wall and redecorated. So, with a few smashed branches, it doesn't look quite this good anymore, but we were lucky that only three ornaments were broken and two of those can be glued. So, all's well that ends well. We don't usually put the tree up until 15 December, anyway, so I guess we are still on time!
(P.S. It wasn't the cat's fault, either, because she was with me both times it fell. Just wanted to set the record straight.)
Merry Christmas to all! And, to all a good night!

4 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Blogger Natalie said...

Wow, the tree fell over...twice? I don't think that has ever happened before, and it looked like a stable tree when we decorated it. Maybe all the ornaments weighed it down? :)

 
At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops :-) I hear trees can do that. Crossing fingers that ours won't...

It's very pretty!

 
At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must admit the cat was my first thought. The tree is very pretty. Our kids are coming tomorrow to help with ours--we love having them here to help, too.

 
At 11:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that comment wasn't anonymous. It was me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home