Monday, October 02, 2006

The Nature of Autumn
(Ooops, that sounds a lot like "The Nature of Natalie," doesn't it??)
To look at that spider, it is difficult to get the gist of how big it is. But, it is one large spider and the web below is the web it is spinning on the front deck. It is also very large! I should knock it down and kill the spider, but it is kind of fascinating to watch. I took a couple other shots, but the only one with the spider actually in the web did not really show the web - it looked like the spider was just floating in thin air. Spider watching is kind of fascinating - until I get bit by the spider, I guess! :)

For my parting shot, this is a beautiful hibiscus. The plants on either side of the deck are still blooming and really full of buds yet. They are gorgeous. Thought while I was spider watching, I'd take a picture of something less Halloweeny than spiders.

Hope everyone enjoyed the beautiful autumn Sunday (and Monday, too).
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somehow I doubt that spider will bite you ;-) And of course you shouldn't knock it down--it's eating bugs that would otherwise bother you.

Pretty flowers. Makes me think I should get some hibiscus for the yard next year...

 
At 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm fascinated by the spiders and their webs, too. And my hibiscus looks just like that!

 
At 3:10 AM, Blogger Granny said...

What Alissa said. Usually the poisonous spiders (widow and recluse) aren't out in the open like that. More spiders, fewer flies.

Just saying hi.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home