Tuesday, October 02, 2007

The 2007 AGHMWR (continued) In an effort to get as many pictures posted as possible, I decided to try multiples. The pictures are small, but it gives you a better view of our festivities! The fire was lit before dark and we all started cooking hotdogs long before it cooled enough to get near it. Patience is a virtue, so I'm told - I'm not sure I will ever know that for a fact. :)
Before sundown, Grant was the star. After sundown, the fire was the star - well, maybe. Grant may only be 7 weeks old, but he certainly capitivated a lot of people!
The weather was good - no rain and in the 50's - considerably warmer by the fire, though - hence the short clothes on some of us.
Everyone seemed to have a good time. It is fun to have a campfire family reunion each year! Actually, it is one of my favorite days of the year! I get more excited than anyone else. I just love sitting around the campfire - cooking hotdogs and marshmallows on a fork. It is great to have everyone together and there is plenty of room for the kids to play. The boys were so good and I think they had a great time, too!
Grandma Hewitt had no idea what she started when she introduced me to my first wiener roast! It took me a few years to get this going, but I'm glad we've begun a new tradition.
I hope everyone had half as much fun as I did!
Thanks to Jake and Christy for driving the farthest; to Alissa, Drew and Nick for making the trek from Hopkinsville; and to all those who live not-so-far - Nan & Terry; Grandpa; Doug & Kellie; Natalie & David; and Matt, Whitney & Grant. Next year we will shoot for a few more family members - Andy; Chip, Shira & Aiva; Ted, Jodi & Chris; and Bob & Janet - then it will be a full-fledged family reunion!
Thanks for the fun! See you again next year!
For more photos, see Alissa's blog , dated 30 September, and her flickr site.

2 Comments:

At 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot Doug and Kellie :-)

We will be there next year--you can count on it! Perhaps one day Andy will be able to come, too...

 
At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope we see you before next year, but I agree that it is one of the premier events of the year- a great get-together, very informal and lots of room to spread out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home