Friday, October 19, 2007

Another Day in Paradise More rain today. Woke up to storms and had to forfeit our morning walk, again. So, after a breakfast of sausage and egg biscuits, courtesy of Dad/Grandpa, Gary and I went to Winn-Dixie and bought chili fixins. I put together a pot of chili to save us from going out in the miserable weather for supper like last night.After I got the chili started, Gary and I went for a walk. It was sprinkling when we started, but the rain stopped before we reached Sugar Sands. On the way back, I spotted this perfect shell in the water - about knee deep. So, I handed Gary my phone and waded in to get it. When I reached in, the sand gave way from under me and a wave smacked me down! I ended up sitting in water to my shoulders - laughing myself silly. I was wearing shorts and a tee shirt, so I really looked ridiculous! But, look at that shell - it was definitely worth it!After a ride down the beach in search of pelicans (no such luck), we came back and took a walk to Pinnacle Port. Look who we found! Looks like Roy Orbison really gets around - we photographed him in Topsail last summer!
We made it to Pinnacle Port! Dad hasn't wanted to walk that far, but the cloudy, cool weather combined with firm, packed sand made it a nice walk.
As you can see, the walk wore somebody out!
I took so many sunset pictures tonight that I will have to continue this to another post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home