Sunday, November 18, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving! Note the turkey - precariously perched next to the sudsy dishwater. It was "resting" and with my limited counter space, there weren't too many places for r & r! But, isn't it a beauty?? I'm getting better at this. I will never be as good a cook as my mom, but I have definitely improved over the last 34 years. And, I don't get too many complaints from the peanut gallery, so it must be okay. :)
Since Natalie and I are heading south on Tuesday, we celebrated Thanksgiving on Saturday, 17 November - and it was a very filling celebration - turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, 2 kinds of rolls, salad, peas, cranberry sauce, onions and, of course, pumpkin pie with whipped cream.

Grant's first Thanksgiving. He was napping when we sat down to eat, but couldn't stand to be away from the commotion, so he came out and joined us. What a sweetheart!
Daddy returned from New York on Friday night and it seems he and Grant can't get enough of each other. :)
Along with all that food comes a guarantee for indigestion and the need for a nap!
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

1 Comments:

At 7:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful turkey :-)

Looks as yummy as our dinner on Saturday. Now, have a fun trip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home