Saturday, December 15, 2007

Congratulations, Graduate! Matthew received his Masters of Science in Educaton and Human Resources (I hope I got that right) from the University of Louisville on Thursday, 13 December 2007! He graduated with a perfect 4.0, although there was no mention of it in the program or no recognition of it during the commencement. I thought they at least used to make note of it in the program, but not this time. Oh well, we know what a good job he did and we are the one's who count! :)
To say his father and I are proud would be an understatement!Grant won't remember being at the commencement, but the rest of us will. He had a coughing spell and I guess the appropriate word is "spewed" his dinner all over the place. He was sitting in Grandma's lap when it happened, which is a good thing. He'd been fussy when I had him over my shoulder, so I turned him around and sat him in my lap - in the nick of time. Can you imagine what kind of damage he could have inflicted on the row behind us if he'd been over my shoulder when the "fountain of milk" started? We definitely would not have won any friends! He certainly made a mess, but it was just one of those things. Grandma didn't mind getting soaked and I actually enjoyed taking him to the rear of the auditorium to rock and sing him to sleep. David came and took over in time for me to see Matt receive his diploma.We had a surprise visitor while we were there, too! Doug and Kellie were attending the graduation to see Kellie's sister receive her diploma. This was a great photo opportunity! As was this! Doug took our photo so we could have a whole-family shot. How nice is that?
And, after all was said and done, look who perked up? I'm sure it was just so Grandma could get a cute picture. :)
Congratulations, Matt, on a job well-done! You are a fine young man and we are proud you are ours!
Y


2 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Congratulations to Matt!

 
At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go, Matt! For the record, they don't make as big a deal with graduate students as they do with undergrads. However, it's enough that you know. Glad the Grant was feeling well by evening's end. I had forgotten that D and K were going to be there, too, so when I was scrolling down, I was surprised to see his picture there! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home