Sunday, April 13, 2008

Washington, DC!!Natalie and David planned a trip to Washington, D.C., during Natalie's spring break and invited me to go along! We had a great time! We stayed at the Sheraton Suites in Alexandria, VA, and took the free shuttle to Reagan National Airport everyday to catch the Metro subway into D.C.

Since the weather was so cold (40's & windy - but no rain) on our first day, we got off the subway at the Smithsonian exit and went straight to the Natural History Museum, where we spent most of the day. What a fascinating place. I'd been there years ago, but I don't remember half of what I saw then. There is just so much to see and absorb.
Did you know they mummified cats in ancient Egypt??
The kids at the entrance to the dinosaur exhibit.
Not knowing where to go for food or what to look at next, we stopped at a street-corner hotdog vendor to buy lunch and ate in front of the National Gallery of Art. It was very cold outside, but you will notice that David is not wearing a jacket - that's because he gave it to me to wear (insisting he was warm enough - but, I'm not sure he was). Wasn't that nice?? Thanks to him, I was toasty all day long. :)

2 Comments:

At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Dave... he is such a nice guy. :) Glad you could come with us on the trip! We'll have to do it again sometime! :)

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

I'm sure the museum was fascinating! Too bad about the weather, but that's the way it often seems to go during vacation. At least it didn't ruin your day :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home