Friday, July 28, 2006

Topsail Reef This is the front view of our condo. We have had a lovely week and are already dreaming about the next beach trip!
This is the view directly out our back door.
North Carolina has wonderful beaches because they never stop. The water never seems to slow down and there is always this wonderful surf noise. It is the best sound to sleep to and the best sound to think to and the best sound to accompany any activity (or lack thereof). I know there is a very logical scientific explanation, but you can't help but wonder how all that water just keeps moving, constantly, and still stays contained within its parameters. Frankly, I don't think I would appreciate the scientific explanation - I just know I love it! I will take a few parting photos tomorrow before we leave, but next week, it is back to work and back to "normal." (sigh)
BUT, we will be heading to Florida in October! It is always nice to have something to look forward to! Panama City Beach also has beautiful beaches - because of all the beaches we've visited, that is the only place where the water actually almost stops. There are times with no waves - just the gentle sound of water lapping up on the shore - more like a lake than what you'd expect from the Gulf of Mexico. What could be more serene than that??

Well, I'm rambling. I will write something profound when I post the "last" NC pictures. Thanks for enjoying my vacation with me.
 Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 12:09 AM, Blogger Natalie said...

Woo Hoo! My countdown to October can begin as well! :) PCB here we come! I can't wait to get my toes in the sand... :)

 
At 8:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why must you write something profound? The beach pictures are fine with me! ;-)

No hopes for a sunrise, I suppose?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home