Thursday, December 21, 2006

Merry Christmas #1!!
Because Matt and Whitney are leaving on Friday, 22 December, for Utah to spend Christmas with her parents, we celebrated our Christmas with them on Friday, 15 December. We had a nice variety of snacky foods and then opened our gifts. And, what a selection of gifts there was! As wonderful as all the gifts were, the best gift of all was in a small tin box with a happy snowman on the cover and the words, "Joy to the World." Well, let me tell you, I don't know if the gift inside will give joy to the world, but it certainly will give a lot of joy to the Stephens family!

Nestled in the box was a precious ornament - a baby "bundled with love." A little sign hanging from the ornament says, "BEAUTIFUL BUNDLE BOUND TO BRING BIG BLESSINGS" on one side and "ETA Aug 07" on the other side.

Matt and Whitney are giving us the gift of our first grandchild! How exciting!! We are so thrilled - not just Gary and I, but all of us. I think David was initially stunned, but he is coming around! Whitney and Matt are so happy and Whitney is a beautiful mother-to-be! She already has the gorgeous glow of pregnancy!
Thank you, kids, for this wonderful gift.
As Eddie would say, "It's the gift that keeps on giving, Clark."
Merry Christmas 2006!
Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

At 8:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! How exciting!

But...I'm not sharing. The 15th is not OK ;-)

 
At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like we don't have enough summer birthdays... Aw, who cares, I'm gonna be an aunt!! :)

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger "Psycho Man" said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger "Psycho Man" said...

Wasn't sure I could actually post something.

I am blogging now... weeeee....

Matt congrats and good luck. Need any advise, let me know. Dad X 3. On second though, I still don't know what I am doing.... Ask you mom...

Ted

 
At 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're going to love being a grandmother, and David will love being an uncle, once he gets used to the idea. Maybe it will be contagious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home